Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Outdoors

Baby Girl LOVES the outdoors. She loves trees and nature and playing in the mud. It's so fun to be outside with her. She wants to hug trees and poke bugs and eat dirt. She is most unhappy when I keep her stuck inside. Then she looks longingly out the window. I wonder where she got all this outdoor happiness. She has learned to use her stroller as a walker and she will do that for hours if I let her. Push the stoller around in the grass. She is amazingly steady walking with it. She hasn't taken any steps though. She is coming up on 11 months now and I am wondering when those first steps are going to come. She has come to appreciate birds as well. My parents have alot of bird feeders about the backyard and she will watch the birds with avid interest. She seems to be very taken with blue jays in particular. probably because they are nosy and colorful.

2 comments:

Lily said...

Keep your eyes peeled- she will be walking when you least expect it. I had a friend over when DS was 9 1/2 months old and she said to me "I didn't know Tomo could walk" either did I but he was doing it. Hope you have a camera on hand when it happens- how exciting!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through your flickr link. Such a sweet post about Meggy and the birdies!

xo